Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hunter....The Helpful cat.

There is no doubt in my mind that Hunter is a very smart cat. He is also very much a people cat. Unlike other cats.....Hunter doesn't mind going to the Vet, because that's where people are.......& he loves being Oohed & Aaaed over...& being told just what a Wonderful cat he is.
A friend of mine doesn't really like cats all that much. She came up to my Apt. once (just the once) because we were going shopping & I wasn't ready yet. I made her a cup of coffee & went to finish getting dressed. When I came out of the bedroom, she said, "You know, I think your cat really likes me, he keeps looking at me & meowing." ........."Oh," I said to her, "You are sitting in his chair."
Another person who comes to my Apt. who doesn't care much for cats is the Maint. man........Hunter has made it his quest to win over the Maint. man.
When we were getting ready to switch over to digital TV.......the Apt. office sent the cable guy around to every body's Apt. to check the connections....Well, this made Hunter's day. The Maint. man & the cable guy....he was in kitty heaven. The cable guy took the plate off the wall (around the cable) & looked in the hole......Hunter had to look into the hole........the cable guy poked around in the hole with his fingers.........Hunter poked around in the hole with his paw. Man look in hole....Hunter look in hole. When the cable guy went to get his tools...Hunter decided this was a good time to try to win over the Maint. man. He rubbed against his legs....tried to play with his keys.....turned over on his back...nothing worked. But, the cable guy was back with a bucket with tools in it. Hunter sniffed the bucket...........then put his whole head inside the bucket. I had to pick him up. When I put him back down Hunter was right back over behind the TV watching the cable guy. The cable guy was turning the cable wire back on to the connector......Hunter put his paw on the connector & gave it a turn. "OK," the cable guy said, "Have you seen my wire cutters ?"........"Just a min." I told the cable guy....went into the bedroom & found the cutters in Hunter's cardboard box. "Here you go." I said to the cable guy.
Even now....Hunter will go behind the TV & mess with the cable connector. And, sometimes even manages to turn it. I had to put tape over the darn thing.
Hunter will also "Help" around the Apt. He loves the Swiffer Sweeper. When I get it out & push it around the floor.....he'll run.....grab the pole & jump on for a free ride across the floor. This is fun for him.......but I have to push a 12 lb. cat around on a Swiffer Sweeper.
One night while I was sitting in my Lazy-boy watching TV....I heard "Clank....clank." coming from the kitchen. I got up to see what was going on....& here was Hunter sitting by the sink....pushing silverware into the sink with his paw. I don't have a dish drainer.....I lay then out on a dish towel. I said, "Don't do it......just don't do it." .........& Hunter looked at me like he was saying, "Do what...this ?" & he pushed a spoon into the sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment