Monday, July 13, 2009

Hunter likes to play.

Hunter is still a young cat. He's only 3 years old. Everything is a game to him.
I found the end of a peacock feather on the floor at work, & brought it home with me. I'd hold it up above Hunter's head......he'd reach up with his paws...then I'd drop it & it would come floating down...while he would swipe at it. Some times it would land on the bridge of his nose.
Of course Hunter's very favorite game is, "What's under the Apt. door.", but there are other people involved in that game. There has to be somebody on the other side of the door for the game to work. Step 1. take the small mouse (Whice I now call "The door mouse") & place under the door. Step 2. Meow & get a passer-by to push the mouse back under.......Hours of fun.
The game we play at night while I'm trying to read is "Tickle feet". Hunter lays on his back & puts his back feet on my arm....I reach over & tickle the bottoms of his big back feet......he trys to grab my hand & play bite it.
some times he gets a wild hair & goes on a tear thought the Apt. He'll run from one end to the other jumping over furniture or scooting under it. Once he got caught up in the sheets on the bed & came dragging them into the living room behind him.
I'm always buying cat toys. And once when my Landlady came to my Apt. to check my smoke alarm. She said, "Holy Man, this cat has more toys than my 2 kids put together." Hunter does have a lot of toys. But, I figured he needed something to keep him amused all day while I was at work. Hunter's favorite toy is his cardboard box. yup, a cardboard box. he loves it. He uses it as a scratching post........he puts things in it........sleeps in it.......& pushes it around the floor. so, every couple of weeks I replace the box. He also likes the plastic tubes ice pops come in.......I give him an empty one.....& he will chase it all over the Apt. ending up happily chewing on it.
Hunter also likes, "Fetch" the mouse. I throw the little gray felt mouse (which is a little worse for wear) & he goes & gets it.......brings it back to me.....& I throw it again........Hours of fun.
It's fun to watch Hunter dig through his basket of toys.......reminds me so much of a little kid digging through a toy box looking for just the right toy. And, every toy has it's own place. The little white fuzzy mouse stays by the Apt. door.......the gray felt mouse stays by the food bowls.........the jingle balls stay in the cardboard box.......& the orange cat nip mouse stays in the bathroom. He will play with his little mouse toys for hours.......but, then they all go back to their own places. I some times wonder why he does that ? He's just a funny cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment