Monday, July 27, 2009

Hunter likes Housework.

I can't make a move without Hunter following me around. So, when it's time to clean my Apt. I have to do it with him in tow. When I make my bed......there is always a cat sized lump in the middle. I've learned to just let it go. I finish making the bed....cat lump & all.
Hunter just loves the Swiffer Sweeper. When I'm pushing it around with the dust pad on it.......he will run, grab the handle, then sit on the sweeper part for a free ride across the floor. When he sees me get the Sweeper out.....he will run to the cupboard under the sink, get a pad out of the box, & bring it to me. He also loves the Swiffer duster. When I get it out to dust the living room...bedroom & computer desk. Hunter will run, jump & make grabs for it. Sometimes he gets it.......& he will go trotting off with it in his mouth...like he's so proud of himself for getting the evil duster.
Hunter use to sit on the counter next to the sink & watch me do the dishes.....he always liked the sponge I used. After the dishes were washed......he'd steal the sponge...& bat it around the kitchen floor. Till one day, when he jumped up there & I hit him on the nose with the wet sponge. I hated to do it, but didn't like replacing the sponge every time I wanted to wash dishes. Hunter still gets up on the counter & pushes the silverware into the sink...one at a time. I don't have a dish drainer, I lay the dishes & silverware out on a kitchen towel & let them air dry. I don't know why this crazy cat does that (with the silverware)...but, he'll do it every time.
Hunter HAS to supervise the cleaning of his litter box. He will jump up on the toilet or sink & just watch me dump out the dirty litter.......wipe the inside of the litter box out with a Clorox wipe....then dump clean litter back in. After I put the litter box back on the rug in the corner........he will get in it, & half the litter will go on the rug. I will have to pick up the rug & dump the litter back in.
But, this is a cat that turns everything into a game. Even laundry. When I separate the laundry......he will sit on the bed & watch me. When he sees an opening.......he jumps into the pile of laundry.....& runs away with a sock....a bra....even under pants. I made the mistake once of leaving the pile of whites on the bedroom floor, while I took a basket to the laundry room. Hunter jumped into the pile.........& took off (through the opened Apt. door) down the hall way....with my under pants in his mouth. Gees !
No wonder it takes me all day to clean a small one bedroom Apt.

No comments:

Post a Comment