Monday, July 20, 2009

Hunter talks a lot.

Hunter "Meows" a lot.....or "talks" a lot. I didn't want a quiet cat......you never know where they are. This would bother some people...but not me. I love it when he walks into a room...."Meow----meow----meow" he sort of announces himself.
Hunter has all different "Meows" too. There's his....."I'm mad at you !" "Meowowow" His, "Yow, yow" or "I'm starving" & his "Ow, ow" or "For Pete's sakes...clean the litter box !" He has a little "Mew" when he's happy. I've even heard him say..."Moo"...not quite sure what that means. Then there's a sound Hunter makes when he's on a tear...running around the Apt. like crazy. It sort of sounds like "Barking." I kid you not. A few people have heard it while I'm on the phone & have asked, "When did you get a dog ?" It's not a dog...it's Hunter. Hunter also makes this "Barking" sound when he takes a ride on a rug.
If I talk to Hunter...he will "talk" back. We have long conversations at the table in the evenings.
When Hunter knocks the phone off the charger.....he will look down at it & "Meow" I wonder sometimes what the poor Telemarketer on the other end thinks when he or she hears...."Meow" instead of "Hello".
The man down the hall form me has an orange Tabby. he told me his cat (Rusty) has been sitting by his Apt. door at night "Meowing". I told him that he probably hears Hunter. There is an Apt. in between them......but, they are "Talking" to each other at night. The man said his cat was normally very quiet. Not Hunter....you can hear him all the way down the hall to the elevator.....& some times even in the Laundry room when he really gets going.
And, you should hear Hunter when he's going to the Vet....you'd think he's walking the last mile. For a cat who tries so hard to get out....he really kicks up a fuss. I have to tell him...."You're OK Hunter." just to calm him down.
Right now the Apt. is so quiet....Mr. Hunter is taking a nap. But, as soon as he wakes up...he'll be walking around "Meowing" wanting to be fed.

No comments:

Post a Comment