Thursday, July 16, 2009

Hunter is a "Cat" burglar.

Hunter likes to get up on my dresser. He takes my hair Scruggs & hides them in his cardboard box. I know he does it......even if I've never "seen" him do it. There is only him & me here......& unless I have a ghost who likes Scruggs.....It's Hunter taking them. Some times he takes them to the Apt. door & pushes them under. I've found them in the hall the next morning....so I shove them in my pocket & go on to work.
Hunter likes a lot of things on my dresser. I wear pins alot. The big ones of Easter bunnies.....Christmasy things.....Turkeys.....Pumkins...ect. Any who, I like to wear them on my coat & sweaters. Hunter likes them too.....& if I leave them out of my jewelry box...they come up missing. I found a 4 leaf clover pin in the shower once.
One thing on my dresser that he just loves.......& if you ask him, he would tell you it belongs to him. It's a small white owl, a stuffed toy, Hedwig, the Harry Potter owl. He takes it...& I take it back. I've found poor Hedwig on the bed.....in the recliner....in his box......in the shower....in the dirty cloths basket.....& in the closet where Hunter likes to sleep. But, Hunter's been hiding Hedwig lately. Hedwig turned up in a kitchen cupboard........then Hedwig was found under the bed.
And, it's not just my dresser. Hunter will put his whole head into something & take a good look inside. A grocery bag.......my lunch box.......the storage bin of yarn. he's a strong cat too.......once he puts his head inside some thing.....you are not getting him out till he has a good look around. With his head inside a grocery bag......Hunter found the ice pops I bought......he bit into one......what a mess. I opened the bag of ice pops & tried to throw it away, but Hunter grabbed it.........& we had a tug of war with it. My kitchen floor was a sticky ice pop mess. It wasn't the ice pop he wanted...it was the plastic tube it came in. Hunter takes things out of my lunch box......usually in the morning while I'm getting dressed for work........he takes plastic spoons out....napkins. Once he reached in & grabbed a pudding cup & went trotting away with it.
If I open the fridge while he's in the kitchen......anything on the bottom shelf he will grab & run with. Doesn't matter what it is....a box of cherry tomatoes.....a loaf of bread......or a cup of yogurt, anything is fair game.
But, the things he takes most often are the Scruggs & poor Hedwig. Right now even as I write this Hedwig is gone from the dresser....& nowhere in sight. So, I wonder where I'll find her. Hunter will run out of hiding place for Hedwig soon...this is just a small Apt. & there's just not many places a cat can hide an owl.

No comments:

Post a Comment