Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hunter...Everybody knows his name.

When I go to work people don't greet me with, "Hi Shirl, how you doing ?" Nope, it's always...."Hi Shirl, how's Hunter ?" Even when I go to the Meal site I volunteer at....."How's Hunter today ?" The people who live here in the Apt. building will ask...."What's Hunter up to ?" Even my Landlady asks about Hunter. It's unreal. he's a popular cat. Or maybe it's because I just talk about him so much. Every time I call the Vets office, they ask....."What's Hunter done now ?" They remember times like when he sucked cheap cat litter up his nose & was sneezing his head off......& I called them in a panic saying, "This is not normal." I really thought he had contracted some rare & tropical disease. Or when the wasp got into the Apt. Hunter...Mighty Cat that he is stalked the wasp.....till it landed on the floor. It was pounce...slap....YOWWWW !!!!! I looked at Hunter's poor paw. It wasn't red or swollen. I did call the Vet. She told me to put baking soda & water on it. It's a good thing I have the Vet's number on the fridge. But, Hunter is a people kind of cat.......once you've met him...you never forget him. It's his eyes, they are big & gold......you can see the intellagentce behind them. I just had a Birthday......I came home from work & sticking out from under my Apt. door was a card......I opened it in the hall. On it was a picture of a cat that looked a little like Hunter wearing big pink sun glasses & a pink feathered boa...inside it said, "Release your inner Diva today.....Happy Birthday Mom......Love Hunter." I don't know who really sent me the card...I'd like to think Hunter did. I got another card from Hunter once. When I was in the Hospital. I was out of my room having some tests done, when I got back, on the table next to the bed was a card with a picture of a sad looking cat on it.....inside it said (Handwritten in a small child's hand) "I miss you so much Mom, get better and come home soon, Love Hunter." I was touched. Maybe it's because I love Hunter so much....& when I talk about him people see that come shining through. Or maybe he is that lovable. I only know in my little corner of the world........he's a very popular cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment