Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hunter and the Apt. Door.

The Apt. door is not just a way out. It's Hunter's gateway to the outside world. When he first came to live with me & discovered there were People on the other side of that door...he was a happy cat (to say the least). There is the man who lives across the hall from me......the Maint. man (who is afraid of Hunter BTW)......the cleaning lady....& Floor Monitors (I live in an Apt. building for older people & they come early in the morning, knock on your door & make sure you're OK) Hunter learned fast who was going to be outside the door at what time. The Floor monitor comes about 8 0 Clock A.M. Hunter waits by the door with his little toy mouse.....& pushes it under the door..then waits...the mouse comes back under the door.....back into the hall the mouse goes. Many time when I leave for work.....I will find the mouse stuck in my door knocker. At 11 0 clock the cleaning lady comes to vacuum the hallways on the 7Th Floor.......Hunter is ready...with little scraps of paper.....yarn.....or needlework floss. Out into the hall they go from under the door. He's such a "Helpful" boy. (LOL) Why, the poor cleaning lady would have nothing to do if it wasn't for Hunter. Now the Maint. man is a whole other can of worms. When Hunter hears him in the hall, he will put his little paws under the door....& fish around till he gets something......the cuff of the mans pants.....or the laces of his work boots. What Hunter really likes is when the Maint. man has a notice from the office for me....he will stick it under the door...& it will come flying back out into the hall. Now he just tapes them to my door. The man across the hall comes home from work at 10:30 P.M. Hunter waits by the door with his trusty mouse toy.......this goes on for hours, you'd think the man would be tired from working all day, & not want to be bothered with playing "Fetch" with a cat. I came home from work one night & the lady who lives next to me & her sister were standing in the hall by my door. "What's going on ?" I asked. She said she was just showing her sister something.......She put a cat treat on the floor......a paw came out from under the door..fished around...got the treat & disappeared back under the door. "Oh," I said "That's where all those cat treats are coming from." It was such a fun "Game" for her.......I didn't have the heart to tell her......Hunter doesn't eat cat treats. Even when I leave for work in the morning....a little paw will come out from under the door...like he's waiving....."Bye Mom."

No comments:

Post a Comment