Monday, August 10, 2009

Hunter...out smarts me.

One of the things I repeatedly say to Hunter is......."Nobody likes a smarty cat." & I normally say this to him after he's gotten an extra piece of ham out of me......or figured out how to open...unlock.....turn on...or undo something. Let's face it....living with a smart cat is no picnic. Hunter is always coming up with new ways to get what he wants.........He got me to microwave his food, didn't he. Actually, putting Hunter's food bowl in the microwave was a mistake.......I took my food out of the freezer & was putting cat food in his bowl.....on the same counter.......I just grabbed the wrong dish. Now, when I fill his bowl...he will jump up by the microwave & "Meow".......some times putting his paw on the door open button...Gees !!!!
Hunter has sneaky ways of getting me to play with him too. Some times he will come up to me,sit at my feet & just look at me. If I look down at him & say...."What ?" He'll look down.....low & behold there will be a toy mouse there.
I have these flip-flops I crocheted blue fun fur yarn on. Hunter just loves these flip-flops. When I wear them around the Apt. .........he will hide........then as I pass by.........jump out & grab a flip-flop.
At night I sit on the bed, reading a book & eating an ice pop........Hunter sits on the floor in front of me........when the ice pop is finished.........he jumps up & grabs it.........then I hold it over his head & waive it around.......he makes jumps for it.
I'm waiting for him to learn how to open the fridge. He hasn't so far.......but, when he does.....game over.
The cupboard banging started because........Hunter likes Gold fish crackers & Teddy Grams cookies, OK........I kept them in one of the cupboards.......that is till he learned how to open them. It's not just the ones on the floor he opens...he opens the ones above the counters too. I was looking for him once.......& noticed the cupboard where I keep the snacks opened.........I went into the kitchen & here was Hunter.....up in the cupboard among the Gold fish & Teddy Grams......He looked at me like he was saying..."Oh Hi, fancy meeting you here."
I love that look he gives me when I find him doing something he's not suppose to..........That sweet & Innocent look....like he's saying......"Oh Hi, how long have you been here ?"
I had to go to the bathroom..........I knew Hunter was in the tub.........But, these little ears, then eyes came slowly up over the edge of the tub........when I looked again they were gone.........then the little ears & eyes came up slowly again over the edge of the tub..........I said, "Hunter, you're a funny guy." But, the little ears & eyes were gone again.........Made me wish I had my camera. Maybe I should keep one in the bathroom.
When Hunter was stung by the wasp.........I had given him a whole piece of ham. Now, when there's a fly in the Apt. ........He will start jumping around like crazy & limping on the paw that was stung. (Sigh) Hold up his paw to show me...like he's saying....."Fly sting me, need ham."
Hunter always looks at me as if he knows just what I'm saying to him. I talk to him all the time.......& he just sits looking at me.....some times he will "Meow" back at me.......like he's answering me. And he does talk back to me......when I scold him for some thing......He will......"Meow ow." back at me....& I tell him...."Don't talk back to me young man !" Tonight I said to him........."Let's watch our new Movie Hunter." (I have Netflix) He ran & jumped into the Lazy-Boy.......& said....."Meow, Meow." Which in cat talk means........"Don't forget the pop-corn & Greenie Treats." I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment