Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Hunter is a Messy cat.

OK, I keep saying this........I know Hunter is just a cat. But, Hunter doesn't do things the way a normal cat would. Or at least I don't think he does. Take like when he eats. Hunter will sit by his food bowl....reach in with his paw & scoop some food out....then eat it from his paw. The dry food.....he drags the bowl over to the water bowl.......scoops some dry food out into the water bowl.......dips his paw into the water & eats the food from his paw. Or he will scoop out some dry food onto the floor & eat it one piece at a time....leaving the fish shaped pieces next to the bowl. So, Hunter eats on a place mat.......it's better than having a mess all over the floor. Actually, Hunter started putting his dry food into his water when he seen me pour milk on my cereal one morning. He sat there looking from me to his dry food.....then went over to the fridge, put his paw on the door & started to "Meow". I said to him, "What do you want Buddy ? Milk on your food ? I don't think so, sorry." And, that's when he started scooping the food into the water. Crazy cat.
Hunter has always been very particular about his litter box......if there is just one piece of poo in it........he will walk in & out of the bathroom..."Meowing" his head off, till I come & take it out. But, because he is a med. hair cat....some times the poo gets stuck in the fur around his butt. And, I will find little round hard pieces of cat poo all over the Apt. Nasty. I pick them up in toilet paper as soon as I see them & put them in the trash. And because of his longer fur....shedding is another problem with him. I gave up trying to get the cat hair out of my cloths. Now, I just use a sticky lint roller (which I buy at the $1.00 store) on my cloths outside my Apt. door......I carry it in my purse. My work apron I wash & dry in the laundry room.......& put it right into a 1 gal. zip-lock baggie.......take it out at work & lint roll the mess out of it. I have to use my Swiffer Sweeper every day...because if I don't........the cat hair takes over. I took the pad off of it once, showed it to Hunter & said......"Look, there's enough here to make another cat." He wasn't impressed. I cross Stitched a sampler that says....."Warning ! Cat hair sticks to everything, but the cat !" Which I then hung up on the outside of my Apt. door.....I felt I should at least warn others. And, Hunter has dandruff too. Which makes the shedding twice as bad. Yes, my cat has dandruff. Gees !
Right now, there are so many cat toys scattered all over the floor.......you would think I ran a Kitten Day Care. but, where is the cat who plays with all these toys.......why, he's fast asleep in the dirty laundry basket of course.......where else would he be. So, I'll pick up all the little jingle balls...toy mice.....& fuzzy balls.....& put them all back in Hunter's toy basket. Only when Hunter gets up....he will take them all back out.
Hunter has stomach problems.....not real bad stuff....it's like a human having acid reflux. So, he's on a special diet. Hair balls are his #1 problem. He has to have Hair ball control cat food......but, he will only eat Meow Mix......So, thank Goodness Meow Mix makes a hair ball control dry food. And, one cup is all he gets of it. And, the wet food has to have a certain amount of oil in it (to coat his stomach) & just small cans (like Fancy Feast).......& One can per day. wet food up-sets his stomach....& he throws up. I tried all different brands. And, he would throw up a lot......before I found the Whiskas pouches. Hunter holds them down. Some times I'll bring Hunter treats from the Meal Site where I volunteer. Like today, we had Beef & Mushrooms in gravy over mashed potatoes........I ask if I could have some of the beef fat & gravy. The lady serving the food loaded a take out bowl up.......but all Hunter got was one tablespoon of it. I don't want him puking all over tonight. He ate most of it. I'll throw the rest out.....& he'll get his one pouch of Whiskas tonight. He doesn't starve.......well, I guess Hunter would tell you different. But, I have to be real careful of what I feed him & how much.....or I'll be cleaning up cat throw up for days.
So, cat food all over the floor, as well as cat toys......shedding.....dandriff....cat poo....hair balls & throwing up. yup, he's a messy guy. But, he's my messy guy.....& I wouldn't clean up throw up, or poo for just anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment