Saturday, August 22, 2009

Hunter likes Plants.

I have this one friend....she likes to give people plants as gifts. Now, I like plants & flowers myself.....but, so does Hunter.
One Mother's Day, my friend gave me a Mini Rose bush.....a yellow one. It was very pretty........until Hunter decided it was also good to eat....& ate all the small yellow roses off of it. He picked off all the little rose blooms....not the leaves. It never bloomed again after that. He Must have ate the roses.......because I could never find any of the peddles. I felt like Jimmy Stewart in "It's a Wonderful Life" looking for Zu-Zu's peddles.
Then I bought myself a Moon cactus. It had the red glob on top. cactus like a lot of sun. The only window in my Apt. with a lot of sun........is Hunter's window. I guess he didn't like sharing........because he would not leave the poor cactus alone. And, you would think the crazy cat wouldn't mess with a cactus because of the sharp thorns. But, there it was...out of the pot...in the middle of the living room floor when I came home from work.......& Hunter looking at me like he was saying....."yup, I got it."
I have a small table near the window with a plant on it. This plant was given to me by another friend when I first moved into my Apt. .......as a sort of "House warming" gift. It's 2 plants really....& I don't know what they are. When I first got it.......it was small. But, I kept putting it into bigger pots......& now it kind of takes up the whole table. On his way up the chair to his place in the window.....Hunter has to stop....sniff the plant...play with the leaves......check out the dirt......& just mess with it in some way. So far.....Hunter has decided this is not a good plant to eat. Unless he nibble on a leaf once & didn't like the taste. So, it's pretty much the only plant I have.
For my Birthday my plant giving friend gave me a Cactus dish garden. It has a Moon cactus in it & other little cactus plants. One cactus had a small pink flower bud on it.......& very long sharp thorns. I thought sure Hunter wouldn't bother it. I was excited to see the small pink flower bud open. It never got a chance........Hunter picked it off. Now I keep checking it to see if any more buds will grow.......so far, nothing.
Then my friend (& I forget just why) gave me a big Rainbow (color) Elephant Ear plant. It's all green-pink-white & red. So, pretty. I put it on the coffee table. Everyday I find another leaf of the plant on the floor........Hunter has been pulling them out.....one by one.
My friend told me for Christmas she was thinking of giving me a Christmas cactus. I asked her if she could just give me a picture of one instead........it would last longer around Hunter.

No comments:

Post a Comment