Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hunter...makes me mad.

Well, sometimes he does. I know he's just a cat, but some of the things he does just drive me crazy. Hunter will find one thing he can do, & take it to the extreme.......repeating it over & over. Like opening the Apt. door. Once he discovered he could open the door himself.......that was it. I have to keep the door locked now at all times. Even if I'm going down to the laundry room. And, you would think once he got out of the Apt. & found just a long hall way....he'd stop. Not Hunter. If there was an opened Apt. door, he'd drop in on the neighbor for a visit.
Then he discovered the next best thing. Putting stuff Under the Apt. door. At first it was a game. And, yeah.....it was funny & sort of cute. But, Hunter always pushes the envelope (mostly, under the Apt. door). The morning I stepped out into the hall way & found the little hard round ball of cat poo.....I knew I had a problem. So, I put weather stripping at the bottom of the door......looked at Hunter & said, "Fixed you Buddy." But if nothing else......Hunter is persistent. he worked & worked on the weather stripping till he pulled most of it off. I tried to "Super Glue" it back to the door. Now, the people who make Super glue......apparently never tested it on a determined cat. Hunter worked at the stripping harder........& got it off. Now it's just easier to pick the stuff in front of the door up every morning. Oh, & let us not forget........Hunter's concerts at 11:00 P.M. from under my Apt. door. He will lay there on his rug & just "Meow" his head off.
Hunter getting into the cupboards is turning into a big problem. At first he'd just sit in front of one, open it a little & slam it. So, it was Bang---Bang---Bang....for a good hour every night. Till he found the trash can in one of the cupboards. Now, I put it there to keep him out of the trash. I came home from work & found trash all over the kitchen floor...as well as my clean dish towels.....dry cat food.....& dish washing soap. What a mess ! There's one cupboard that has slide out draws in it....& that's where I keep my dish towels .. the pads for the Swiffer Sweeper.......foil wrap.....& use to keep the zip lock baggies. Hunter decided this cupboard was a very good place to nap....& hide Hedwig (the toy owl from my dresser). So, when I can't find him in the Apt. I open that cupboard, pull out the drawer & there he is......looking up at me like he's saying...."What ?" I put a child-proof lock on the trash cupboard.......& glued felt to the inside top of the other cupboard doors. The felt stops the Banging.
I have been putting old bread out on top of the AC, so birds would come. Hunter will sit on top of the AC & watch them eat the bread. I thought Hunter would be happy with this......silly me. I forgot, Hunter watches everything I do. I would open that side panell on the AC to put the bread on top of the outside part of the AC. Hunter found out he could also slide that panell opened. I cough him with his head out the window....& yelled, "Hunter ! Bad cat !" at him. He pulled his head in & looked at me like he was saying...."What ? Looking for birdies Mom."
I live on the 7Th floor.......& I could just hear that call to Maint. in my head.....Me; "Ah, my cat is outside my Apt. sitting on top of the AC, can you help ?"......Maint.; "How did he get out there ?" Me; "Ah, he opened the window." So, I decided to put duct tape over the panell. Hunter is now working on the duct tape.
Then there are the little things he does that drive me crazy. Dropping silverware into the sink.........Taking Hedwig........flipping over his water bowl....turning the water in the bathroom sink on....walking around the Apt. at night like he's lost & "Meowing'. I had a Moon Cactus a friend had given me for my Birthday........Hunter worked & worked on it...till he pulled it out of the pot. I came home from work to find it on the living room floor. I was making Baby Booties for a woman at work....well I'd get one done & start on the other one. Then look for the first one & couldn't find it.......so, I'd make a new one. I kept ending up with ONE bootie. Till I found 5 Booties in the Cupboard Hunter likes to sleep in. Gees !
Like I said......Hunter is just a cat. A very smart & Bord cat. I'm sure he doesn't do any of this stuff to make me mad at him. To him, it's all just a game. But, if I ever move out of this Apt. & the next person who lives here finds....weather stripping on the door........felt on the insides of the cupboards....Child-proof locks.....& the AC duct taped to the window........I'm sure they will think to themselves...."What the Heck ?"

No comments:

Post a Comment