Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hunter is my cat.

Hunter is a friendly little guy. He's a real people kind of cat. He loves people.....even if they don't love him back. Hunter & the Maint. man have always went head to head....& it has been Hunter's goal in his little kitty cat life to win the Maint. man over. It never happened (sigh) the man was just afraid of cats. Now the Office staff....that's a whole other can of tuna. The Apt. manager came to my Apt. to check my stove, fridge, toilet & smoke alarms. She picked Hunter up & carried him around....he was in kitty heaven. When she was looking at the fridge.......that woke Hunter up. I could hear his little cat mind screaming...."HAM...HAM....HAM in there." She had a fight on her hands to close the fridge door.........Hunter was having none of it........He wanted HAM ! To calm him down, I had to give him a piece.
Now, every time I head to the bathroom......some times doing the bathroom jig....Hunter is always right behind me. I once told him..."Buddy, if you don't get out of my way, I'm going to pee on your head." He wasn't impressed. So, I always have a cat watching me pee. Some times Hunter will rub up against my legs while I'm sitting there......"Meowing" like he's saying, "Pet me." Some times he will curl up in my underwear...which is annoying. Once he even brought me his "Fetch" mouse....Gees ! But, when Hunter uses his litter box.......he looks around to make sure nobody is watching.......& if I come into the bathroom while he's in the litter box......he will run for the hills.....& come back when I'm gone. And, if you don't put "Tidy Cats" in the litter box.....for get it ! Hunter will not use the box at all. How does he know ? I've often wondered what he did when he was in the Shelter ? Hunter had a littler box in the cage with him. Did he hold it until everybody went home ? Did he hold it till I came along ? I don't know. It's just little things like that, that make me wonder about my boy.
Hunter loves to be petted...held...hugged......& pretty much loved on. But, what ever you do......don't get that cat brush out. It's a fight to brush him.
I bought a thing called...The Love Glove. It's like an oven mitt, with brush teeth on one side. You put it on & pet away. Well, thinking this was an answer to getting Hunter brushed.....I tried it out. Of course he had to sniff it first. "See Hunter.....it's just my hand....here let me pet you." You would have thought I tried to set him on fire. He ran away like mad. And, that makes me wonder about him too. Why ? Why, doesn't he like to be brushed ? I still have no clue.
It's all these little things that make Hunter......Hunter.
Last night while I was sitting on the bed reading.......I happened to look down at the floor....& seen the rug disappearing little by little under the bed. And, I could have sworn I heard him giggling. While I'm reading at night...if I have to get up........when I come back.....Hunter is laying on the book. Every time. I have to reach under him to get the book back.
Hunter is playful.......loving......& a little annoying. But, that's my Hunter. I just don't know what I would do without him......answering my phone......getting into my cupboards........unscrewing my cable.......putting things under my Apt. door (speaking of which, this morning there was a red Trix cereal in the hall, which I stepped on.)........going to the bathroom with me.......covering up my book.......taking stuff off my dresser.........& playing with my DVDs (He likes to pull them off the shelf).........eating my plants. Oh I could go on & on. I love my baby boy....he puts a smile on my face every morning. He's always there when I'm feeling down.

No comments:

Post a Comment