Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hunter is slowing down.

Either that or he's pacing himself. Hunter doesn't just "get into" stuff......he destroys stuff. He's chewed up my flip-flops........clawed up my rugs.....lost some of my Scruggs.........tangled my yarn........& scratched the cupboard door.
I had to put a child-proof lock on the cupboard door where I keep the small trash can. There are very deep scratches on it now......& he can still bang it a Little. He doesn't bother with the other cupboards anymore....just the one with the lock on it. I think he does half of this stuff because he gets mad at me.......for whatever reason in his little Kitty-cat brain.
Some of us at work pooled our money to buy yarn...to make this one woman a Baby Blanket for her Baby Shower. I crochet all the time. I make Chemo Caps & Angel Blankets. Any who......they gave me the yarn (to make the blanket). Hunter decided he not only wanted the plastic bag....but the yarn too. Hunter has been taking his afternoon naps in the bottom of my closet........where I have a big bin full of yarn. I had to get the bin to keep him out of the yarn. Well, instead of putting the yarn inside the bin.......I put it on top of the lid. Yeah, dumb me.....what can I say. Hunter kept pulling the bag down.....& pulling the yarn out......& sleeping on it. The last time he did it......I got so mad.....I bopped him on the head with a roll of the yarn......& yelled at him, "Stay out ! Bad Cat."
Then one afternoon when I came back up to my Apt. from helping serve Lunch......there was yarn strung all over my Apt. & Hunter was sitting in the middle of it...looking very proud of himself......like he was saying, "Look what I did Mom." There was pink,blue,mint green & yellow yarn all over everywhere. Under the bed.......under the living room chairs.......under the TV stand......under the dinning room table & around the chair legs........inside kitchen cupboards......around the toilet.......I mean all over. I just kept thinking......OMG-OMG-OMG ! "How could ONE cat do all this ?" I had to cut most of it up to clean it up.......Then run out to Hobby Lobby to buy more yarn. When Hunter goes on a tear...he doesn't do it half way.
Like I said....I think he does most of this stuff to get back at me. Like the fight we had over the Water bowl. When I first got Hunter......I would put fresh water in his bowl......& he would tip it over. So, everyday it was.....fresh water.....tip over. I yelled at him, "Stop doing that !" I thought I fixed him when I got a Pet Self Water........HA-HA-HA-HA. I came home from work & the thing was laying on it's side...in a small lake in the middle of the kitchen floor. So, we went back to fresh water...tip over.......but Hunter added a twist. He would put his 2 front paws on the edge of the bowl & look at me. When I would say..."Don't do it, don't you do it." Flip.....over the bowl would go. I stopped putting water in the bowl.......till he started "Meowing" for it. Then I started filling it again......& Hunter hasn't tipped it over since. Like everything else......once I stop yelling at him about it.......he stops doing it....like a spoiled child.
Hunter has a new "thing" now. Every time I clean his litter box & put fresh litter in it.......he scoops some out onto the rug the box sits on...& poos in that, instead of the box. As I clean it up I ask him, "Why are you doing this ?" Then after I clean it up...he goes in the box. Gees !
Hunter doesn't bang the cupboards much anymore.......push the silverware into the sink (which was very annoying)......claw up the rugs......or eat flip-flops.
He is slowing down. He's been napping more. Some times I worry about my Baby Boy. But, the Vet says he's fine. He'll be 4 in Dec. So, I guess he's just getting older...growing up. But still there are times I miss finding a half eater flip-flop or a roll of tangled yarn in the recliner.

No comments:

Post a Comment