Monday, September 21, 2009

Hunter cuts a rug.

My friend bought me a small Non-skid rug.......it's about the size of a Welcome mat.......& has 3 little gray kittens on it. She didn't think all that rug surfing Hunter was doing was good for him. Although, Hunter would tell her...."It Fun, & me likey."
I put the rug down in front of the Apt. door.......& that's where Hunter likes to take his afternoon naps. Hunter will even pick it up in his mouth & drag it up & down the small hallway by the door......depending on his mood.
I never thought much about the rug. Only that it's now part of Hunter's Kingdom. And, I keep forgetting just How smart this cat is & how much he wants to make people aware that He's there........till he does something to help me remember.
So, the rug is moved around to different places.......Inside my Apt. & I'm use to seeing it like that. It never bothered me that it was never just neatly even with the door...........after all....it's Hunter's rug.
I came home from work on Thursday & a corner of the rug was sticking out from under my door. I looked down at it & said...."OK, this is new." & tried to kick it back under......it wouldn't move.......Ah....Non-skid. So, once inside the Apt. I grabbed it & pulled it back in.
On Friday.........the rug was back....alittle more of it this time. Hmmmm.
On Saturday........A lot more of the rug was sticking out from under the door. "How is this cat getting this rug under the door ?" I asked myself. I tried kicking it again......wouldn't budge......."How the heck is he doing this ?" Once again.....the rug was inside my Apt. Only after I had to bend over & pick the thing up. Gees!
On Sunday night..........The rug was right in front of my Door......like someone had neatly placed it nicely even with the door......grant it, the picture was upside down, but there it was like a Welcome Mat. There was also a note taped to my door that said......."Shirl, you know you are not suppose to have Welcome Mats out in the hallway." (sigh)....Yeah right.....Duh......Try telling Hunter that.
I picked the rug up.....tucked it under my arm.......& dropped it on the floor inside my Apt. After I put my stuff away........I tried pushing the rug around with my foot.....wouldn't move........I bent down & tried pushing it with my hand.....wouldn't move. I stood there looking at the rug........like I was waiting for it to move on it's own........Hunter was also standing there looking at the rug too......But, he got tired of looking at the rug sooner than I did....& wandered over to his food bowl "Meowing".
The only way I could move the rug was by Picking it up & moving it.......or grabbing a corner & dragging it........& it was even harder for me to get it under the Apt. door........Not imposable....just harder.
I checked Hunter's paws to see if he had grown thumbs........because if he ever does......I'm in big trouble.
It's just all part of the game of.......Let's see just How bad I can confuse Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment