Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hunter and Doors.

There was a lot of adjusting I had to do after I brought Hunter home. For one thing, he couldn't pass a door. He tried & tried to get out of the Apt. door. It was a fight to get out of the door in the mornings. As soon as that door opened, he was out & down the hall like a shot. I was late for work more than once. The door problem was just the start of me discovering just How smart Hunter really is. I started putting him on my bed right before I had to leave for work, that at least gave me a head start to the door. Little did I know he was watching me.......closely.
My Apt. door does not have a round door nob, it's a flat handle that pulls down. One night I was on my way to the bathroom, when I seen crazy cat at the door. He got up as far as he could on his back feet, then gave a jump with his back feet, grabbed the door handle.......& the game was all over. OMG I said.......as I ran down the hall to get him. Now I have to keep the Apt. door locked at all times. Even now, when I'm turning lights out & getting ready for bed, Hunter always checks the door to make sure it's locked.
With putting him on the bed every morning, & taking him for "Walks" up & down the hall way. He's finely gotten it into his head..........even if he does get out of the Apt. there's no place to go anyway (Oh yeah, I live on the 7Th floor). Unless he figures out how to use the elevator.........then I'm screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment