Thursday, April 16, 2009

Food Thief

Hunter likes people food. He begs for it a lot. His favorite thing is ham, he just loves it. He also likes Teddy Grams & Gold Fish crackers. I actually got him to roll over once for a Teddy Gram.
When the weather started to turn cold, I bought a crock pot. Just a small 2 qt. crock pot, just big enough for me.
One morning I decided to make chili in my crock pot. Then I'd have a nice hot meal when I got home from work. So, I filled the crock pot & turned it on. Then left for work. When I got home that night, the whole Apt. smelled of chili. "Ooh Yummy" I thought. Hunter was no where around...strange. I hung up my coat, took off my shoes, & pulled out Hunter's chair at the table (thinking this would get him to come out). I went into the kitchen & the lid was off the crock pot & laying on the counter.... When I turned around, Hunter was in his chair....with a red ring around his mouth & one red paw. "So, I've caught you red pawed." I said.
Hunter as a rule doesn't steal food. He will beg & beg till he gets a bite. But, if doesn't get any he just goes to his dry cat food & that's the end of it.
Not to long ago after work one night my friend & I stoped at Mr.Cinders for a bite. Most of the time we order the steak sandwich, but I notice they had spare ribs on special. I love Bar-B-Q ribs. But, the cup of clam chowder & the salad (the salad was very big & had lots of stuff in it) the girl brought out first was all I could handle. I couldn't eat the ribs. so I asked for a take out box.
When I got home I put the take out box on the chair near the hall & put my lunch box on top of it. I had to go to the bathroom.
When I came out of the bathroom, I picked up my lunch box (which was still sitting there) but the take out box was gone. I stepped into the living room & here was Hunter with rib bones all around him, & licking Bar-B-Q sauce off his paws. He did leave me the bread & Cole slaw. I guess the smell of the ribs was just to much for him.
Hunter picks his food up with his paws. Even his cat food. He sort of dips his paw into the food & licks it off. Some times on cold nights we share a bowl of clam chowder. He will reach over dip his paw in the bowl & lick it off. He loves to lick the yogurt lids.
But, those were the only 2 times he ever really took food. Most of the time he waits till it's offered.

No comments:

Post a Comment